[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS Time in beta1

William Woodall ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 00:11:15 UTC 2016

That is the skeleton of what will support the ROS 2 version of `ros::Time::now()`. It has the abstraction in place for sim time versus real time, but we haven't prototyped sim time yet and we haven't exposed these interfaces through the language specific client libraries (like in `rclcpp`).

If you want to use that right now that would ok, but in the future expect there to be a `rclcpp::Time::now()` that you should use instead.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-time-in-beta1/1003/2) or reply to this email to respond.