[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] FastRTPS throughput issues

Nathan Jackson ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 22:18:17 UTC 2016

We are still seeing some issues with this. Now we are trying to enable beta1 with fastRTPS. With a similar node to SecretaryBirds, publishing time at rmw_qos_profile_sensor_data, and the subscribing node subscribing at the same qos, we see the subscribing node using 100% cpu. Ths subscriber is calling spin(). If we try using spin_some or spin once we see the cache fill up and errors. Even when the loop rate is 2000 Hz.

We found a way to get the cpu usage down by subscribing and publishing and qos_default. However, now the publisher slowly climbs up to 100% cpu (takes about 30 seconds to a minute on my machine).

Also, please note that even if we only publish the time 1x per second, we still see the subscriber at 100% cpu.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/fastrtps-throughput-issues/625/11) or reply to this email to respond.