[ros-users] Upcoming suspention of debian packaging for EOL Ubuntu distros

Séverin Lemaignan severin.lemaignan at plymouth.ac.uk
Thu Feb 4 09:50:12 UTC 2016

Hi Tully,

What about the effort to mainline ROS in Debian? Things have been progressing nicely (debian unstable now has a 'ros-desktop-full' package [1] -- I'm not sure however how much of ROS is actually packaged), and I wondered if the OSRF is officially endorsing or going to endorse this endeavour.

--- btw, if I get this right, this may mean that in Ubuntu 16.04 (or possibly 16.10), users are likely going to face a choice between ros-kame-desktop-full (OSRF packages) and ros-desktop-full (Debian mainline packages)... some confusion in perspective!

Cheers,
Séverin

[1] https://packages.debian.org/sid/ros-desktop-full

[http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/images/email_footer.gif]<http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/worldclass>