[ros-users] Upcoming suspention of debian packaging for EOL Ubuntu distros

Mike Purvis mpurvis at clearpathrobotics.com
Thu Feb 4 16:13:21 UTC 2016

You can obviously build desktop-full on Wily from source— us Mac users are used
to doing that all the time
<https://github.com/mikepurvis/ros-install-osx/blob/feb2e9075ca1061274ec84343a704240efb351f1/install#L124>.
Though it's a bummer that the independent bootstrapping packages
(python-rosdep, python-rosinstall-generator, python-catkin-tools, etc)
aren't actually available as debs for Wily, so you do have to get them from
pip.

M.