[ros-users] ROS Live - Worldwide Virtual Meetup

David Lu!! davidvlu+ros at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 13:38:30 UTC 2016

ROS Users of the World,

The time and topic for the February ROS Live meetup are set. The
meeting will be Thursday February 25th, 2016 at 2pm EST [1] and will
be about Robot Description Formats.

Thank you everyone for voting. Future meetings will likely focus on
other highly ranked topics.

Further details about how to participate will be released next week.
In the meantime, you can help shape the conversation by visiting the
Github page[2] and adding topics you'd like to hear discussed, gripes
you have about URDF or other things to spur the conversation.

David Lu!!
ROS Community Promoter Person (ROSCPP)
BossaNova.com / MetroRobots.com

P.S. As it turns out, trying to schedule this meeting was a massively
over-constrained problem. There were no perfect solutions, and most
options were unavailable for about half the respondents.
P.P.S. Due to possible limitations in the number of live participants
on the call, please let me know if there are special circumstances for
you being on the live call. As mentioned earlier, there will be a way
to contribute questions if you're watching the live stream.

[1] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=ROS+Live+February&iso=20160225T14&p1=418&ah=1
[2] https://github.com/DLu/ros_live/wiki/Robot-Description-Formats
[3] http://tinyurl.com/roslivefebruary