[ros-users] Extended Call for Chapters/Abstracts: Springer Book on Robot Operating System (Volume 2)

Anis Koubaa (COINS) akoubaa at coins-lab.org
Wed Feb 17 04:49:38 UTC 2016

Hello ROS-Users,

We received a good number of chapter proposals so far and due to some
requests, I extended the call for abstracts to March 05, 2016 to give a
chance for receiving more chapters.
We received exciting titles, and mostly related to unmanned aerial vehicles,
and we welcome more chapter proposals for the book. Please note, although we
aim at a special focus on unmanned aerial vehicles, any other topic related
to ROS is also welcome. In particular, it is sought to have tutorials/case
studies/research papers related to ROS 2.0, image processing with open-cv
and PCL in ROS, ROS performance evaluation, robot/arm control, software
engineering with ROS, simulation, to name a few.

Guidelines for editing the full chapter in addition to a Springer template
can be found on the call for chapters web page.

The call for chapters/abstracts is appended blow. Please help with
disseminating it.

Thanks
Anis

++++++++++
This is to announce the call for chapters
<http://events.coins-lab.org/springer_ros_book_v2.html>  for the Springer
Book on Robot Operating System (ROS) Volume 2 is now open.
Website: http://events.coins-lab.org/springer_ros_book_v2.html

The book will be published by Springer.

We look forward to receiving your contributions to make this book successful
and useful for ROS community.

In Volume 1 <http://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783319260525> , we accepted 27
chapters ranging from beginners level to advanced level, including
tutorials, case studies and research papers. The Volume 1
<http://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783319260525>  is expected to be released
by Feb 2016.
After negotiation with Springer, the authors have benefited of around 80% of
discount on hardcopies as an incentive to their contribution, in addition to
publishing their work.

The call for chapters website (see above) presents in detail the scope of
the book, the different categories of chapters, topics of interest, and
submission procedure. There are also Book Chapter Editing Guidelines
<http://events.coins-lab.org/springer/SpringerBookChapterGuidelines.htm>
that authors need to comply with.

In this volume, we intend to make a special focus on unmanned aerial
vehicles using ROS. Papers that present the design of a new drone and its
integration with ROS, simulation environments of unmanned aerial vehicle
with ROS and SITL, ground station to drone communication protocols (e.g.
MAVLink, MAVROS, etc), control of unmanned aerial vehicles, best practices
to work with drones, etc. are particularly sought.

In a nutshell, abstracts must be submitted by March 05, 2016 to register the
chapters and to identify in advance any possible similarities of chapter
contents. Full chapters submission is due on May 01, 2016.
Submissions and the review process will be handle through EasyChair.

https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=rosbook2016

Each chapter will be reviewed by at least three expert reviewers, one at
least should be a ROS user and/or developer.

Want to be a reviewer for some chapters?
We look for the collaboration of ROS community users to provide reviews and
feedback about proposals and chapters to be submitted for the book. If you
are interested to participate in the review process, please consider filling
in the following reviewer interest form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11jTIXw8FnKyTIWr_GxKtZ4p3QSaRi-3LiBFfzdx0Ul
o/viewform> .

We look forward to receiving your contribution for a successful ROS
reference!

Anis
Anis Koubaa, PhD.,
Senior Fellow of the HEA (SFHEA)