[ros-users] ROS Live Community Meeting

Jackie Kay jackie at osrfoundation.org
Wed Feb 24 02:24:38 UTC 2016

Greetings,

The time for our next ROS Live meeting on Robot Description Formats has
almost come!

The meeting will be held *this Thursday *at* 11AM PST/2PM EST/7PM UTC *for
1 hour (see time converter
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=ROS+Live+February&iso=20160225T14&p1=418&ah=1>).
You may want to show up 10-15 minutes early so that we can start on time.

We will use Mumble <http://wiki.mumble.info/> voice chat for the meeting.

Before the call, please download the Mumble client
<http://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Installing_Mumble>:

Linux: sudo apt-get install mumble
OSX and Windows: download the binary from
https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/releases

Then open the client and configure your voice chat setting to "Push To
Talk" and
make sure you remember the hotkey. We also suggest you disable the "Text to
Speech" option, unless you enjoy hearing a robotic voice read every text
chat that comes in out load.

To connect to our server, use the following info:
Address: 54.183.209.92
Port: 64738

If you want others to recognize who you are, use your real name or your
Github username for your username.

If you don't have a working microphone, you can still connect via text chat
in the client.

We will record the conversation and make it publicly available after the
meeting.

Make sure you've prepared your questions, comments, and concerns about the
present and future state of Robot Description Formats in ROS and Gazebo.

If you are interested in taking written notes for this meeting, or if you
have other questions or comments, please email us.

Cheers,

Jackie Kay, OSRF
David Lu, Bossa Nova Robotics (davidvlu at gmail.com)