[ros-users] ROS Web Services - on GitHub

Ernesto Corbellini ecorbellini at ekumenlabs.com
Tue Jan 26 13:38:22 UTC 2016

Hi Anis,
Thanks for your contribution! It looks very interesting.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:42 AM, Anis Koubaa (COINS) via ros-users <
ros-users at lists.ros.org> wrote:

> Based on our experience, working with rosjava was tedious and
> unfortunately, the easiness of the Java language cannot be fully utilized
> considering the difficulty of setting up ROS applications with ROSJAVA.
> Just creating messages in ROS and making them available to ROSJAVA was a
> tedious process.
>
> This is related to Hydro version, and not sure if Indigo brought better
> comfort with ROSJAVA.

Indeed the Indigo version of Rosjava has improved support for message
generation:
http://wiki.ros.org/rosjava/Tutorials/indigo/RosJava%20Message%20Artifacts

For further questions specifically related to rosjava I can refer you to
the mailing list: ros-sig-java at googlegroups.com