[ros-users] Detector Evaluation

Maarten de Vries maarten at de-vri.es
Wed Mar 2 08:57:44 UTC 2016

On 19 February 2016 at 22:42, Peter Lorenz via ros-users <
ros-users at lists.ros.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to publish a package on the ros website.
> It is about evaluation detectors in Computer Vision.
>
> Usually, the detector spits out, if and where it found a desired object.
> You can read in  XML files, which have saved the ground truth and says
> where the object really is located.

The package pops up a window where you will see the rectangle of the ground
> truth and the rectangle of the detector. So you can see, if those
> rectangles are overlapping, the detector is right and saves the percentage
> in
> file. This list will be read in a script, which shows up a ROC curve of
> your database.

​Automatic evaluation of (changes to) vision algorithms would be very
useful. I'm very interested to see your package.​

Please, help me to put this package on the ros webpage and I will write a
> tutorial for it.

​I have no experience publishing packages ​on the ROS website. However, the
code is normally hosted elsewhere, like github. Would it be possible for
you to publish the package publicly first (for example on github) and give
us all the possibility to test it out? Undoubtedly that's a good first step
towards getting it published on the ROS website too.

Kind regards,
Maarten