[ros-users] Package list diagram

Isaac I.Y. Saito iiysaito at opensource-robotics.tokyo.jp
Tue Mar 22 18:19:00 UTC 2016

A list of commonly used ROS packages in a grouped, layered manner is
often convenient for me for presentation & documentation purpose. For
the ROS common packages (i.e. excluding derived projects), the closest
thing I ever found is this from ROS2 discussion[1], which zones out
from ROS1 and may not seem slide-friendly. So I've made one:

http://wiki.ros.org/APIs#Packages_in_Layered_Layout

There should be a wide room for improvements/corrections (I listed
some on the same page). Please feel free to update it, or if the page
is not the best location move the entire section to somewhere
appropriate.

The file is published on Google Drawings[2] where the changes will be
instantaneously applied on the referenced ROS wiki page.

Thanks,
Isaac at TORK

[1] See page 18
http://roscon.ros.org/2014/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/ROSCON-2014-Next-Generation-of-ROS-on-top-of-DDS.pdf