[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Lunar] Lunar release progress
ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 15:37:48 UTC 2017
04/07 update on the state of the lunar release.
Thanks to the maintainers that released their packages this week! We have now 157 packages released in Lunar.
The list of releasable packages, can be found on the [blocked_releases status page](http://repositories.ros.org/status_page/blocked_releases_lunar.html?q=label%3D%22UNBLOCKED%22&s=6&r=1). If any of your packages is in this list, please consider making a release soon, especially if your packages are blocking other packages.
And the top priority packages to be released this week are... :drum_roll:
- geometric_shapes: @davetcoleman @isucan (this is currently blocking `robot_model` and thus a lot of packages)
- navigation_msgs @mikeferguson
- diagnostics: @trainman419
- pcl_msgs + pcl_conversions + perception_pcl @Paul_Bovbel
- rqt_common_plugins @dirk-thomas @ablasdel
- image_pipeline + image_transport_plugins + opencv_candidate: @Vincent_Rabaud
- convex_decomposition + ivcon @dash
Note to all maintainers: it is OK to do a first release with the current kinetic version of your packages and to iterate on it in the next few weeks. Remember to make an announcement here, if you make a later release that breaks ABI, to notify the maintainers of downstream packages.
Have a great weekend!
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/lunar-release-progress/1558/6) or reply to this email to respond.
More information about the ros-users