[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] Rosserial_arduino performance question

Burt ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 20:51:06 UTC 2017

Thanks, I don't know if you saw my edit.  I got to thinking that at least part of the latency could be due to having to load rostopic each time to send the message from the examples, so part of the delay may be the time it takes for rostopic to load and initialize before it gets around to sending the message.

So I was thinking that I could write a test program that would be able to send several messages in a row without having to reload and init for each command, or maybe there is a way with rostopic to accomplish the same thing for testing.  So more digging into examples and tutorials.

I'm also working on setting up an older box to try running ROS without the VM.  Unfortunately the one I have available has some issues running 16.04 Ubuntu, and even 15.10.  I was able to get 15.04 to install and run well, but I prefer to use the latest ROS, so I'm seeing if 15.10 even with a couple of hiccups will work well enough.  If not then I'll have to get a newer machine to use for ROS testing, or figure out the hiccups with trying to get ROS installed under Linux Mint.

Thanks again,
Burt

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/rosserial-arduino-performance-question/1631/3) or reply to this email to respond.