[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] Rosserial_arduino performance question

Burt ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 23:11:13 UTC 2017

OK, I have ROS kinetic running now on an older 32 bit box running Ubuntu 15.10.

That improved things significantly.  Now each launch of rostopic has a latency of a bit under 2 seconds from the time I press enter to when one of the servos connected to the Arduino moves.  That is much better than the 4+ seconds I was seeing in the 32bit VM installation.

Now on to some more advanced tutorials and getting things set up to drive all 5 of the servos associated with the head I'm working with, then on to looking at OpenCV integration, etc.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/rosserial-arduino-performance-question/1631/4) or reply to this email to respond.