[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Help to implement an other RMW

Loïc Dauphin ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 11:33:34 UTC 2017

This post is following [a previous github issue](https://github.com/ros2/rmw/issues/99).

Thank you for your answer, @wjwwood

I understand better. But I have an other question.

If for example I want to receive a message of type `std_msgs::msg::String`, does it implies that the parameter `ros_message` of `rwm_take`, which is a `void*` should be casted in `std_msgs::msg::String` ? (I tried so, and the [c++ listener example](https://github.com/ros2/demos/blob/master/demo_nodes_cpp/src/topics/listener.cpp) worked)

Does it mean that if an example is written in an other language (C, for example), it should be casted into `std_msgs__msg__String` ? How do rmw manages that ?

I guess all this should be handled by "rosidl typesupport things", but since it is generated, I have a hard time to understand what happens there.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/help-to-implement-an-other-rmw/1639/1) or reply to this email to respond.