[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Kyler Laird ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 17:20:03 UTC 2017

solosito,

Now that I've had a taste of working with the IMU, I desperately want fusion.  I need remedial help.

One of the issues I've had is that I've wanted to incorporate the yaw and roll data from the dual GPS.  I'm leaning hard toward switching to a single GPS(/GNSS) receiver.  That should make my configuration a bit more standard.

Today I installed nmea_navsat_driver and the TinkerForge sensor driver.  I now have /fix, /vel, and /tfsensors/imu1 (among others).  Unfortunately, my GPS went sour last night and I can't get RTK now.  I'll be debugging it for awhile.

I'm looking at the steps that xqms suggests.  Converting the /fix data to UTM seems straightforward enough but the transforms are completely beyond me.  I would love to have a simple concrete step to take toward this.

Also, I'm back to studying robot_localization.  Again, I'm encountering the odometry requirement.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/41) or reply to this email to respond.