[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Kyler Laird ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 00:55:09 UTC 2017

Hi, all!  A couple updates while I sit in the truck watching Tractobot02...

solosito is helping me with fusion.  I'm excited about it.  I feel confident that I can do what I need with my dual-antenna receiver plus IMU but I'm hopeful that I can get down to a single antenna.  I now understand more of what Tom_Moore has been saying.  Thanks for everyone's help!

I got Tractobot02 back from the shop and loaded the code I'd developed for VT a couple weeks.  I had to make a few changes to it but I finally got it working this afternoon.  It's tilled over 150 acres since then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obu_Ru2gDHk

Tractobot02 is tracking surprisingly well.  I suspect that pulling a heavy implement is helping to maintain a straight course.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/49) or reply to this email to respond.