[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS 2 Collaboration Bulletin Board

Brett Ponsler ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 18:45:33 UTC 2017

I haven't done any work on rosbag or playback, so that is entirely unimplemented and not working.

As for not using the bridge, you can run rviz using ROS 2 and make use of several of the plugins to avoid having to pass data through the bridge. Some of the interesting working plugins are: tf, laser scan, map, and robot model. Others (odom, path, point) may work but I have not tested them.

Note that to use the robot model plugin it requires a change to the robot state publisher to publish the robot model (see this [branch](https://github.com/bponsler/robot_state_publisher/tree/publish-robot-model)). I just created a [PR](https://github.com/ros2/robot_state_publisher/pull/9) for these changes.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-2-collaboration-bulletin-board/2239/12) or reply to this email to respond.