[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Client Libraries] .NET bindings for ROS2

Lennart Nachtigall ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 16:51:26 UTC 2017

Another update:

I implemented  support for msbuild projects. That means the user has almost the same workflow like developing a standard .net application (Code and debug in visual studio or monodevelop) . It also means that I don't need that many different code paths in the cmake part of the build system.

Then I managed to compile ros2 on windows and my testing workspace without any problems. Running some simple testprograms that simply creates a node and spins it seem to work fine now.
In order to solve that I needed to force 64bit builds. (otherwise windows thinks - ohh let's run this .net application as 32bit program and crashes when I try to call functions the the rcl)

Next I'll try setting up a simple publish and subscribe example on windows.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/net-bindings-for-ros2/460/15) or reply to this email to respond.