[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Announcing Secure ROS

Aravind Sundaresan ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 23:17:10 UTC 2017

Hi Roser:

I've been traveling and sorry for the delayed reply. Secure ROS has the same goals as SROS, but uses security at the IP address level. This means that you can have a config file which can list all the authorized accessors to various topics, services, parameters, etc. IP address spoofing is prevented using IPsec at the kernel level and is independent of ROS.

There is currently a PR for Secure ROS and it is conceivable for both Secure ROS and SROS to be present leaving the user to choose which he wants.

ROS2 is a different kettle of fish and is not within the scope of Secure ROS.

I hope this explains it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/announcing-secure-ros/1744/3) or reply to this email to respond.