[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Maximum amount of publisher / subscriptions per node

Firesurfer ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 14:46:36 UTC 2017

Hi,
I was wondering if it's bad in terms of resources to have a great amount of publishers and subscriptions to the same topic in a single application / node or does ROS2/DDS manage them in the background ? Would it be better to have some kind of TopicManager that returns / manages instances of publishers/subscription inside an application. (And all classes that want to use a publisher ask the TopicManager for an instance of this publisher)

Also do I have to worry about a large amount of different topics in the system? Is the amount of topics somehow related to a increase in cpu / memory usage or do I just pay cpu/memory if I'm sending/recieving messages on a topic?

Lennart

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/maximum-amount-of-publisher-subscriptions-per-node/1391/1) or reply to this email to respond.