[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] Suggestions for std_srvs

Pramuditha Aravinda ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 14:35:00 UTC 2017

 Hi,

I think std_srvs should be extended to include services required for common data types like below.

(Get bool service)
std_srvs/GetBool
---
bool result

(Set string service)
std_srvs/SetString
string data
---
bool success
string message

(Get string service)
std_srvs/GetString
---
string result

(Set int service)
std_srvs/SetInt32
int32 data
---
bool success
string message

(Get int service)
std_srvs/GetInt32
---
int32 result

(Set float service)
std_srvs/SetFloat32
float32 data
---
bool success
string message

(Get float service)
std_srvs/GetFloat32
---
float32 result

Probably it's good to have getter and setter service for all primitive data types in std_msgs but I think above would cover the most of the common requirements

Also Trigger service can be considered as a GetBool service but I think it's more clearer to have separate service for the perpose of looking up an value.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/suggestions-for-std-srvs/1079/1) or reply to this email to respond.