[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] Gazebo 8 pre-release tutorial review

Jose Luis Rivero ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 19:51:36 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

Gazebo 8 will be [released on January 25th 2017](http://gazebosim.org/#status). It's not a Long Term Support (LTS) version, so it will be supported for 2 years until 2019. It will be supported on Ubuntu Xenial, Yakkety and higher and OSX 10.10 and higher. ROS wrappers for gazebo8 will come some days after the release.

Following the tradition, the Gazebo team will be testing all the tutorials against the beta release. We would like to invite the community to join us today (Thursday, January 19th), to help reviewing the tutorials.

We will be coordinating through a [Google spreadsheet which has links to the tutorials](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x3AVTbe8-bNOkWweAQB88cLTmsxMD1S7pCpoASf5nwQ/edit?usp=sharing) and review guidelines. Further coordination can be done through comments on the spreadsheet or replies to this email.

Another way you can help is by simply installing the [Gazebo 8 beta](http://gazebosim.org/tutorials?tut=install_unstable&cat=install) and letting us know if anything is broken or looks odd.

Thank you for your help and support!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/gazebo-8-pre-release-tutorial-review/1181/1) or reply to this email to respond.