[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Site Feedback] Sponsorship notation in posts on *ros.org

Tully Foote ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 00:17:51 UTC 2017

As a guiding principal I would use the [etiquette section of our Support guidelines](http://wiki.ros.org/Support#Etiquette) which states that all content should be focused on the topic at hand. If a product etc actually is a valid solution to the problem that's fine. However if it's only tangentially related or unrelated that's not.

Acknowledging support for a contribution in a PR is fine. And if you're making a significant contribution on the forums in an announcement or something, acknowledging support for your work is also fine. But it should not be a large portion of the content.

And definitely to @gavanderhoorn's mention any promotions references with commercial interest should be clearly visible as such and not be veiled.

[quote="130s, post:1, topic:2078"]
My temporary part-time employer requests me to add the sponsorship on my posts that are related to their service but I'm just unsure, and afraid that micro-level notation like that could rather give more negative impressions.
[/quote]

For this specifically I'd suggest integrating it into the introduction/description. As an example for an announcement.
 "I"m happy to announce the results of project foo. I've been working on it the last few months with the support of Company XYZ. In this project we achieved bar and baz. ..... Picture... blurb.. links to repo... etc"

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/sponsorship-notation-in-posts-on-ros-org/2078/3) or reply to this email to respond.