[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Astra driver for ROS2

Chris ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 13:05:30 UTC 2017

I did do some work on it, though I haven't really changed much in a few weeks.  In my testing, things seem to be working and I'm getting good depth images out of it.

The fact that you don't seem to be getting callbacks is interesting, though.  Note that there are two levels of callbacks: when the driver actually has a frame it calls AstraFrameListener::onNewFrame(), and if the frame is "valid" onNewFrame() then calls the higher level AstraDriver::newDepthFrameCounter().  Where did you put your breakpoint?  Can you see if you are getting the onNewFrame() callback?

One other thing I'll mention is that I have seen cases where the camera will stop streaming data after starting and stopping the driver a few times.  This seems to be some kind of firmware level thing, and if you unplug the camera, wait a couple of seconds, then plug it back in, it tends to start working again.  That would also be worth trying.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/astra-driver-for-ros2/1894/5) or reply to this email to respond.