[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Astra driver for ROS2

Secretary Birds ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 22:24:10 UTC 2017

Anyone looked into the performance comparison of the ROS1 driver vs ROS2 driver?
I'm noticing a HUGE degradation in performance using the ROS2 driver. Wondering if it's my setup or if the driver just isn't fleshed out enough to be performant.

My test system: MacBook Pro i7 2.5GHz, Xenial connecting to Astra Mini.
* ROS1 driver delivers ~30 fps and consumes ~70% CPU.
* ROS2 driver, with CoreDX as rmw implementation, delivers ~5 fps and consumes ~170% CPU.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/astra-driver-for-ros2/1894/7) or reply to this email to respond.