[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Astra driver for ROS2

Chris ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 02:24:06 UTC 2017

I should be a little more clear that I am running all of this on a Pine 64 board (https://pine64.org), so it won't be as fast as on an Intel chip.

That being said, I don't really know how much CPU time this should take up.  My feeling is that there is room for improvement both in the astra driver and in depth_to_pointcloud, but I haven't profiled to find out where the bottlenecks are.  Before I went all the way to a GPU, I would profile, find the problem points, and try to optimize those first (this could be as simple as building with optimization and/or NEON turned on, neither of which I'm doing at the moment).

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/astra-driver-for-ros2/1894/10) or reply to this email to respond.