[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Astra driver for ROS2

Chris ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 18:57:35 UTC 2017

Nice debugging.  Out of curiousity, exactly how did you run operf (just so it is archived here for the future)?

I was wondering about that wl myself.  The next time I have some time (probably next week), I might try this locally to see what happens when I'm hooked to ethernet instead of wifi.  That would be interesting.

I also notice that there is ~10% going to memmove and memcpy, unaligned.  I'm guessing if we could find a way to ensure that that is aligned, that would also be faster.

Other than those things, yeah, I'd say we'd have to concentrate on convert_ros_message_to_dds and see what we could improve there.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/astra-driver-for-ros2/1894/13) or reply to this email to respond.