[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Astra driver for ROS2

Secretary Birds ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 19:05:19 UTC 2017

I downloaded the oprofile package and installed it.
To use it, you have to have root privelages, so I created a bash script that I can run under `sudo`.
`#!/usr/bin/env bash
export ROS_DOMAIN_ID=8
export RMW_IMPLEMENTATION=rmw_coredx_cpp
source <ros2_base_install>/local_setup.bash
source <depth_to_pointcloud_install>/local_setup.bash
operf /absolute/path/to/depth_to_pointcloud_node`

`> sudo ./my_bash_script.bash` does the trick.
The reason I chose oprofile instead of gprof (or other) is that you can kill the process and it still collects info.

To generate the statistics you have to run:
`opreport --symbols`

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/astra-driver-for-ros2/1894/14) or reply to this email to respond.