[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Computer Vision / Perception] Avoiding Small Obstacles on the Gruond

Alex Reimann ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 09:33:00 UTC 2017

I actually think this topic fits here. Is more like a general discussion not a things with just one answer.

On the topic:

>From my experience the 3D sensors on the market (Asus Xtion, Orbbec Astra, Kinect) should be kind of accurate enough to go down to 0.3 cm.

I would say the main problem is the calibration of the sensors / sensor pose and I ran into some cases where the ground is actually not flat / horizontal.

On the other hand it is most likely easier to make the robot just be able to drive over such small obstacles. You will most likely want to be able to do that, for e.g. door sills.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/avoiding-small-obstacles-on-the-gruond/1939/3) or reply to this email to respond.