[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Computer Vision / Perception] Avoiding Small Obstacles on the Gruond

Péter Fankhauser ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 11:33:22 UTC 2017

Hi @RajithaH,
I agree with @AlexReimann answer on the topic. We have made good experiences with structured light (e.g. Asus Xtion) and time-of-flight (e.g. Kinect v2) concerning the precision for mapping of rough terrain. Here's a video of one experiment https://youtu.be/I9eP8GrMyNQ and our mapping software is available here: https://github.com/ethz-asl/grid_map, https://github.com/ethz-asl/elevation_mapping, https://github.com/ethz-asl/traversability_estimation

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/avoiding-small-obstacles-on-the-gruond/1939/6) or reply to this email to respond.