[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] Is Turtlebot the right platform for us?

Devon Ash ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 04:46:04 UTC 2017

There's always intricacies that happen when porting to a real robot after working in sim, depending on the data/algorithm/problem being solved. But I find that is best dealt with by allocating enough time in your project when you switch over from sim to hardware.

Hardware just gets so tedious at times. You have to plug the robot in, ssh into it, make sure it boots, make sure ubuntu is acting fine, perhaps make it switch networks etc etc. Sim is like alright, roslaunch gazebo and my robot system is up and functional, back to writing my program/testing my program.

Testing things on a real robot is also time consuming as well, you have to wait for real actuation, perhaps your robot powers off or the network goes down etc.

Anyways, I'm a hard advocate for that. We've kind of gotten off topic here and OP said he was satisfied with the responses and wants to open a new thread. So, that being said. Good chat folks. I'm out.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/is-turtlebot-the-right-platform-for-us/1892/24) or reply to this email to respond.