[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Python pocketsphinx speech recognition (GStreamer free)

Arseniy Gorin ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 16:46:09 UTC 2017

Thank you for the suggestions and for the links.

As for pocketsphinx, I tried to search for the existing projects. [The official one](https://github.com/mikeferguson/pocketsphinx) seems to be no more maintained according to commit and PR activity.

Since that time pocketsphinx community came up with some nice features, super simplified interface and minimum dependencies, better accuracy and many more languages supported. So I was feeling it should be somehow spread out. One concern is that my expertise is enough to only provide a simple working example, while I have no idea how this should be integrated in real robots / wether it will have conflicts with other versions of ROS, interfaces, etc.

You are right, I'll try to reach the authors of other similar projects, too.
Thanks again!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/python-pocketsphinx-speech-recognition-gstreamer-free/1405/4) or reply to this email to respond.