[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management] Need to sync new release of rqt_topic (Indigo, Jade, Kinetic)

Dirk Thomas ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 18:03:53 UTC 2017

In the last days many reports have come in that `rqt_topic` doesn't work anymore (e.g. https://github.com/ros-visualization/rqt_common_plugins/issues/432). I suspect it is related to a Python update (removing an undocumented attribute). I released version 0.4.6 on Monday to address the problem. Since `rqt_topic` is a crucial tool for many ROS users I think this change should be synced to the public repos asap.

Since Indigo and Jade have just recently been synced and have no regressions they should be synced as soon as the buildfarm has finished the current jobs. I already put incoming rosdistro PRs on hold.

In Kinetic there are several regressions at the moment. Those need to be resolved to get Kinetic into a mergable state. @tfoote will follow up with a list of regressions later.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/need-to-sync-new-release-of-rqt-topic-indigo-jade-kinetic/1410/1) or reply to this email to respond.