[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS 2.0 on ARM

Rohan Agrawal ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 00:43:14 UTC 2017

I did some ROS2 on ARM testing over the summer, using the Dragonboard (DB410c) and the Turtlebot 2.

Everything mostly just worked, with a couple caveats.

1. I had to build from source, as there are no armhf/arm64 builds for ROS2.
2. I had to use a Ubuntu 16.04 chroot environment, as the Dragonboard only supports Debian. This shouldn't be an issue on the Raspberry Pi for example, as that can run Ubuntu 16.04 natively.
3. Opensplice was problematic, but as Opensplice is no longer supported for ROS2 this shouldn't be a problem.

Other than that, getting a basic ROS2 demo running was not too difficult.

Rohan

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-2-0-on-arm/1413/2) or reply to this email to respond.