[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [OpenEmbedded] Using ROS in commercial OpenEmbedded environment?

Mike Thompson ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 20:58:36 UTC 2017

Can someone suggest resources (web links, blogs, books, etc...) that discuss the implications of running ROS in a commercial product.  Specifically, a commercial product running a Yocto/OpenEmbedded derived custom Linux distribution.  Although, a ROS product based on a commercial distribution of Linux would likely have all the same issues.

I realize there is a whole spectrum of issues that might be involved.  A few of which might be: handling ROS version issues, ROS system configuration, open source license management and compliance, build and testing management, and then the more nitty-gritty stuff that might be tweaked in packages to better support commercial use where customers expect things to just work without a lot of tweaking on their own.

I have a feeling a lot of the service and industrial robots that are using ROS are solving these types of issues on their own, but I am wondering if there is a watering hole on the web where people concerned with these issues gather to share knowledge and best practices so ROS support from a variety vendors looks more unified from an end-customers standpoint.

Thanks,

Mike

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/using-ros-in-commercial-openembedded-environment/1428/1) or reply to this email to respond.