[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [OpenEmbedded] Using ROS in commercial OpenEmbedded environment?

Dmitry Rozhkov ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 20:08:33 UTC 2017

Hi Mike!

I'm neither ROS nor OpenEmbedded expert, but I've spent some time working with both projects and my gut feeling is that there's maybe just a couple of companies using ROS on top of OpenEmbedded in production internally at the moment. I'm pretty sure nobody builds real commercial products or something that goes beyond a research projects. And I know what it takes to build a product (In my previous life I worked on the integration system used to build Nokia N9).

I guess the best way to find out what people are concerned about is to have a look at the programs of ROS (and ROS Industrial) conferences. You'll see that the majority of ROS users are researchers happy with Ubuntu as a baseline for ROS.

BR,
Dmitry

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/using-ros-in-commercial-openembedded-environment/1428/2) or reply to this email to respond.