[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Mixed python/cpp Ament package

Mikael Arguedas ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 02:03:12 UTC 2017

We don't have many examples of this but I think rclpy[1] can give you an idea. It is an `ament_cmake` package[2] that compiles C code into a library and install it[3]. I also installs python modules[4] for the user to interact with. The difference here is that the libraries are installed in the python install directories (because they are python extensions) but you can install them where C++ libraries should go.

Hope this helps

[1]https://github.com/ros2/rclpy
[2]https://github.com/ros2/rclpy/blob/a8253b7b6538a25162f5abfba45dfebe2e7d3186/rclpy/package.xml#L27
[3]https://github.com/ros2/rclpy/blob/a8253b7b6538a25162f5abfba45dfebe2e7d3186/rclpy/CMakeLists.txt#L79