[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS 2 alpha8

gerkey ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 18:28:17 UTC 2017

Agreed, "Beta" means that it may almost (or already) be ready for you, depending on your specific needs, and that it will continue to accrue features and get better in other ways (docs, packaging, etc.).

Thanks for the offer to help! Based on the [roadmap](https://github.com/ros2/ros2/wiki/Roadmap#beta-2-circa-june-2017), is there something that is interesting to you? Or is there something not listed there that you see as important as a near-term addition to the system?

It's an open source project, so of course everybody is free to work on whatever they like, but we'll have an easier time merging contributions if we do a little coordination up front, at least to know who's working on what and to agree on general design considerations.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-2-alpha8/548/14) or reply to this email to respond.