[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS 2 alpha8

Kei Okada ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 13:56:03 UTC 2017

'Support for non-ASCII strings in messages / services' seems interesting for me, but quick example shows it seems working. Am I missing something?
```
I heard: [Hello World: 130]
I heard: [Hello World: 131]
I heard: [Hello World: 132]
I heard: [: 1]
I heard: [: 2]
I heard: [: 3]
```

I do not think this is short term goal, but IDE/UML/Documentation integration would be an important feature on ROS2 as it support life-cycle management of the component, and I'm just thinking about start discussion with @gbiggs  because he should have experience on this topic with OpenRTM, which I did not realize the importance of this feature 5 years ago.
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=ja&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.openrtm.org%2Fopenrtm%2Fja%2Fcontent%2Frtctemplate-1&edit-text=

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-2-alpha8/548/15) or reply to this email to respond.