[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Rud Merriam ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 16:23:35 UTC 2017

I assume the desire for odometry is to allow use of existing ROS
packages for navigation or other purposes. Many require odometry as an
input. I was working on my slightly smaller robots last year and ran
into that requirement. Got distracted by a competition using simulation
so didn't follow through with them although encoded motors were purchased.

A quick search found some GPS to odometry discussions so it's likely to
be available.

-73 -
*Rud Merriam K5RUD*
/Mystic Lake Software/ <http://mysticlakesoftware.com/>