[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management] Releasing repositories form "other" people

Martin Günther ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu May 4 15:52:06 UTC 2017

[quote="dirk-thomas, post:1, topic:1797"]
The person making the rosdistro PR is commonly not listed as a maintainer in the upstream package. As a consequence the person doesn't get notified if the packages they released fails now or in the future on the buildfarm.
[/quote]

... and even if they were notified, there wouldn't be much they could do about it because they don't have push access to the upstream package.

OTOH, when a build for an abandoned package fails in one of the distros it's already released for, we already have the same problem.

I don't really have an opinion one way or the other. Abandoned packages suck, but drive-by releases without willing to commit to maintaining a package are hardly going to fix the problem.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/releasing-repositories-form-other-people/1797/2) or reply to this email to respond.