[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [OpenEmbedded] Meta-ros Kinetic runtime issue with roscore
ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon May 8 09:09:30 UTC 2017
I would propose that you start as follows:
1. Get an understanding of yocto and bitbake following the Yocto Quick Start:
After stepping through that document, you should be able to build and start a small Linux image in the qemu emulator.
2. Build and run an image with ROS for the qemu emulator following the instructions at:
3. Build and run a minimal image for the Microzed board, using the microzed configuration provided
in the meta-xilinx layer at:
By the way, I found this by searching on https://layers.openembedded.org/,
and it quickly linked me to:
4. Combine what you learned in Step 2 and Step 3, and build an image
with ROS for the Microzed board. When combining, you will probably need
to choose the build configuration that is a compromise between the build
configurations you used in step 2 and in step 3. This will then probably need
certain adjustments in meta-ros.
Here some further advice:
- Get a build machine with a lot of CPU power, RAM and a SSD disk to
build images much quicker. You will not get away with some laptop
and some Linux virtual machine. when bitbaking the images.
- Report issues you encounter on the meta-ros github issue tracker. Please
always provide at least the build configuration you use, and possibly even
the bblayers.conf file, so that others can reproduce the reported issue.
I hope this helps.
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/meta-ros-kinetic-runtime-issue-with-roscore/1407/5) or reply to this email to respond.
More information about the ros-users