[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] From ROS prototype to production on Ubuntu Core
ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu May 11 21:32:21 UTC 2017
Thanks for the questions, @jacob!
I'd be happy to create a post about that. Can you explain a little more what you're trying to do? There are a few possibilities that come to mind that we can converge on as I learn more about what you're trying to do.
- You can place private snaps in the store, but that means you actually need to authenticate as yourself on the target before you can update them (they're private, thus invisible, unless the user to whom they belong is logged in).
- You can leave snaps out of the store completely and place them into the image via `--extra-snaps` as mentioned in [part 5](https://kyrofa.com/posts/ros-production-create-an-ubuntu-core-image-with-our-snap-preinstalled-5-5), but then you run into the same issue: you can't update them.
- You can create a [brand store](https://docs.ubuntu.com/core/en/build-store/create), which is essentially your curated store, where you can release your snap like normal while keeping it private to the brand store.
- You can purchase and host the commercial version of the store on premises.
- You can set up your own open source store that corresponds to the snap store's APIs (there's at least [one](https://insights.ubuntu.com/2016/06/24/howto-host-your-own-snap-store/) out there).
There are other options that get a little more complicated. Let me know if any of those sound interesting, and I'll get started on another post.
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/from-ros-prototype-to-production-on-ubuntu-core/1612/13) or reply to this email to respond.
More information about the ros-users