[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] From ROS prototype to production on Ubuntu Core

Kyle ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri May 12 17:37:37 UTC 2017

[quote="jacob, post:14, topic:1612"]
- working in a small team (dev team having access to in-house snaps)
- installing in-house snaps on robots at the factory floor (ie. snaps not accessible public unless authorized)
[/quote]

Indeed, I'd say both of these can probably be satisfied by private snaps (which gives you updates) or just using `--extra-snaps` (which doesn't give you updates because there's no store in the loop).

[quote="jacob, post:14, topic:1612"]
- deployed robots can received updates automatically (no end-user interaction required)
[/quote]

To clarify, deployed in this case meaning not in-house? i.e. to customers? Indeed, private snaps won't scale, and `--extra-snaps` won't update. In this case, assuming you want to continue to keep those snaps private from the general public, a brand store will probably be easiest. It still uses Canonical's hosted store, so you don't need to maintain anything. If you _want_ it onsite, that's the other option, but unless that's a requirement for you I'd say it's just more work :P .

Want me to put a post together discussing these three options (`--extra-snaps`, private, and brand stores)?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/from-ros-prototype-to-production-on-ubuntu-core/1612/15) or reply to this email to respond.