[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS/Troubleshooting] Building ROS2 master on Ubuntu 16 fails

Mikael Arguedas ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed May 31 19:44:24 UTC 2017

[quote="Snowman, post:6, topic:1881"]
Hmm, really weird. It was a complete fresh checkout. Created a new directory, new src, imported the repositories and ran ament. When I do the same thing with beta1 (different workspace, but clean checkout as well), everything compiles fine. However master fails with the error above.
[/quote]

Hmm that's really weird.
I just did the exact same thing:
1) create a new workspace: `mkdir -p test_master_repos_ws/src && cd test_master_repos_ws`
2) `wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ros2/ros2/master/ros2.repos`
3) `vcs import src < ros2.repos`
4) run `ament: src/ament/ament_tools/scripts/ament.py build --build-tests -s`
and everything built fine

[quote="Snowman, post:8, topic:1881"]
Is there any other document describing how to build master of ros2? Perhaps the list maintained in https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ros2/ros2/master/ros2.repos is not correct?
[/quote]
This repo files is the one used by the buildfarm and it looks like all jobs built fine last night (http://ci.ros2.org/view/nightly/) so I doubt this is the problem.

The only thing I can see would be missing dependencies. Can you try to install all the packages listed in https://github.com/ros2/ros2/wiki/Linux-Development-Setup#how-to-setup-the-development-environment ? there were a few changes since beta1.

Sorry I know you are repeating yourself, if installing all the dependencies don't fix it, could you provide the list of commands you ran with the exact arguments rather than a description, that would make it easier to reproduce

Thanks!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/building-ros2-master-on-ubuntu-16-fails/1881/9) or reply to this email to respond.