[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS/Troubleshooting] Building ROS2 master on Ubuntu 16 fails

Snowman ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed May 31 21:10:23 UTC 2017

Thanks for helping :). After going back and forth and trying all sorts of stuff, the problem turned out to be the shell I used - it was setup to ros2-beta1 workspace, i.e. it had AMENT_PREFIX_PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and all sorts of other variables pointing to the previously built beta1 workspace.

The way to fix it was very simple - just opened a fresh shell without any ROS2 setup and the build from there works just fine.

Thanks again for all your assistance, I'm back in the game :)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/building-ros2-master-on-ubuntu-16-fails/1881/10) or reply to this email to respond.