[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Android app for ROS inspection

Joost ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 12:44:38 UTC 2017

Hi Willem,

Thanks for your kind words! Since I am a Java developer primarily, I decided to make the first version in Java, so yes, it is a native Android app. I was thinking about partly implementing the future work in Kotlin, since Google seems to be pushing this language as the language of choice for Android (not sure if that is really true, it's just a feeling I have) and it might be a good opportunity to jump on this Kotlin train. On the other hand, you idea is really interesting! Since I have no experience at all with developing hybrid apps, I will have to postpone the idea until at least version 1.0 has been completed. Maybe it's even a better idea if an experienced developer forks my repository and refactors it to a hybrid version?

This is why open source is so great; all these people that are willing to contribute and improve! The coming weeks my time is quite limited, but I expect to be able to spend more time in this project in the second half of December.

Regards,
Joost

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/android-app-for-ros-inspection/3100/8) or reply to this email to respond.