[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS/Troubleshooting] R2B3 Windows - Failed to create process - Installation Test

rickm ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 06:10:49 UTC 2017

Just some notes for others on my resolved R2B3 Windows install issues.  I followed the installation procedures for Windows Binary Release - https://github.com/ros2/ros2/wiki/Windows-Install-Binary.

1. After install, running c:\dev\ros2\local_setup.bat failed and reported that it couldn't find a file.  Turns out it expects python to be in c:\Python36, when it was actually installed in c:\program files\python36.   The path is hard coded in the root local_setup.bat, where you must change it to the correct install directory.

2. Running the local_setup.bat now works, feeling pretty good, until I tried to run the demo_nodes example. Immediately fails with "Failed to create process".   **Make sure there is no space in your python path**.  I spent way too much time figuring that one out....

One quick test:  after running local_setup.bat, if you just try to run ros2 with no args, and it reports "Failed to create process", it's most likely due to a space in the python path.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/r2b3-windows-failed-to-create-process-installation-test/2896/1) or reply to this email to respond.