[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] Gazebo differential drive vehicle model

Nicola Palma ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 18:24:36 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have followed the instructions reported on https://www.generationrobots.com/blog/en/2015/02/robotic-simulation-scenarios-with-gazebo-and-ros/ in order to create a model for a differential drive vehicle on Gazebo.

However even if I manually publish the commands of the hinges (e.g., for the left wheel hinge, rostopic pub -1 /mybot/leftWheel_effort_controller/command std_msgs/Float64 "data: 1.5") the respective wheel does not rotate and the robot remains still.

The code describing my robot is similar to the one reported in the tutorial.

Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this issue?

Thank you all.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/gazebo-differential-drive-vehicle-model/3052/1) or reply to this email to respond.