[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Error using python3 nodes on ARM64 & CoreDX

Brannon King ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 23:36:27 UTC 2017

I have everything for ROS2 beta3 compiled and running on aarch64 with CoreDX. Most things work fine. However, whenever I try to create a subscription in a python node, I get this error:
Error in /usr/bin/python3: free(): invalid pointer: 0x...
I see the error when running demo_nodes_py listener. The same code executes fine on x64 platforms. Does our python extension rely upon platform-specific code for some of its pointer handling or struct copies? Of course aarch64 should also be using 64bit pointers. What would be different between FastRTPS (which works) and CoreDX in the python extensions? What can I do? Where should I look?

PS, FastRTPS still spews a lot of this when I run the listener: [RTPS_HISTORY Error] Change payload size of '8808' bytes is larger than the history payload size of '5000' bytes and cannot be resized. -> Function add_change

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/error-using-python3-nodes-on-arm64-coredx/3057/1) or reply to this email to respond.